PAN Aadhaar link – When,Why and how?
1. From 1st April 2023, PAN holders will not be able to use it if it is not linked to Aadhaar. Question arises in the mind of a non-resident or a person who is not earning income or a senior citizen, What if non-linked PAN will be deactivated?
2. As per provisions of Income Tax, in following cases PAN will be required :
(i) Income of the person exceeds the maximum amount which is not chargeable to income-tax;
(ii) Person carrying business or profession and the total sales/turnover/gross receipts is likely to exceed Rs.5 lakhs
(iii) Person who is entitled to receive any sum or income or amount, on which TDS is applicable
(iv) A person, who is the managing director, director, partner, trustee, author, founder, karta, chief executive officer, principal officer or office bearer of a person, being a resident, other than an individual, which enters into a financial transaction of an amount aggregating to Rs.2,50,000 or more in a financial year
3. For whom is Aadhaar-PAN linkage not compulsory?
To a person who is
- Residing in the States of Assam, Jammu and Kashmir, and Meghalaya;
- a non-resident as per the Income-tax Act, 1961;
- of the age of eighty years or more at any time during the previous year;
– Not a citizen of India.
4. What is the amount of fee payment for Aadhaar-PAN linkage?
The prescribed fee of Rs 500/- till 30th June,2022 and Rs 1000/- from 1st July,2022 to 31st March 2023 in a single challan will be applicable before submission of Aadhaar-PAN linkage request on e-filing portal.
5. How to link Aadhaar and PAN?
Person who is registered and unregistered with the income tax efiling portal can link their Aadhaar and PAN on the e-Filing portal (www.incometax.gov.in), in both pre log in and post login mode. Please refer to following for further steps to follow :
6. I cannot link my Aadhaar with PAN because there is a mismatch in my name/date of birth/gender in Aadhaar and PAN. What should I do?
Correct your details in either PAN or Aadhaar database such that both have matching details. You can correct your PAN details on:
TIN-NSDL website (https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html), or
UTIISL’s PANOnline Portal (https://www.pan.utiitsl.com/PAN/mainform.html;jsessionid=B3A9443C26F9755063EFD5A7B32B2E11).
In case of Query/Assistance, please contact on NSDL /UTI helpline number: 033 40802999, 03340802999 or write on e-mail id: email@example.com
You can correct your Aadhaar details on UIDAI website (https://uidai.gov.in/my-aadhaar/update-aadhaar.html). In case of Query/Assistance, please contact on toll-free number 18003001947 or 194.
Thu Aug 31,2023