- Total of 17,628 businesses were formed in Q2 2016, increase of 10.8% against the preceding quarter. It was increased 10.4% in the corresponding previous quarter in 2015.
- Continuing the trend, Private Limited Company accounted for more than half of the total new business formation. With 9335 companies formed, it accounted for 53% of the total business formations in Q2 2016.
- Sole Proprietorship registration held the second largest share of 40%, declining from the 41.6% held in the previous quarter.
- Exempt Private Limited Companies (EPC), with 7904 registrations accounted for 84.7% of the total Private Limited companies formed during the quarter.
- In terms of local and foreign shareholding, the share of the wholly locally held companies, which usually is the highest, dropped to 48% while the share of the foreign held companies increased to 52%. The share of 100% foreign held companies surged from 37% to 39% in Q2 of 2016.
- The share of subsidiaries of Singapore companies marginally increased from 51% in the first quarter to 53% in the second quarter.
- Companies from India, British Virgin Islands, Hong Kong, the United States, China and Australia led the way in setting up Singapore – based business subsidiaries.
- Entrepreneurs from India, Malaysia and China accounted for the leading investors in Singapore. The Share of local entrepreneurs and investors setting up companies dipped marginally to 56% from 57%.
The Report is Presented in Five Parts;
- Business Formation by Entity Type
- Business Formation by Share Capital
- Business Formation by shareholding structure
- Business Formation by Industry
- Business formation by shareholder’s country of origin
Business Formation by Entity:
Business Formation by Share Capital:
Business Formation by Shareholding Structure:
Business Formation by Industry:
Business Formation by Shareholder’s Country of Origin:
For more information regarding company formation in singapore you can visit our site www.skpatodia.in